This privacy notice provides you with details of how we collect and process your personal data through your use of our site www.JuliaMcCutchen.com owned by Conscious & Creative Living Ltd (hereafter “Business” also referred to as “we”, “us” or “our”), a Company registered in England and Wales.
By using, registering or placing an order on this website at http://www.JuliaMcCutchen.com, you warrant to us that you are over 13 (thirteen) years of age, and consent to the collection, use and transfer of your information under the terms of this policy. Since this is a growing web site and because internet technologies are constantly evolving, this Policy is subject to change at any time and any changes will be posted on this page.
This Policy works hand-in-hand with the Terms and Conditions of Use, found in the footer of all pages of the Business web site under the link “Terms & Conditions”.
For the purposes of the Data protection Act 1998, the Data Controller responsible for your personal data is Conscious & Creative Living Ltd of 71 Woodside Road, Bristol, Somerset, United Kingdom, BS16 2SR (Julia@JuliaMcCutchen.com).
WHAT DATA DOES THE BUSINESS COLLECT, ON WHAT GROUNDS IS IT PROCESSED, AND HOW IS IT USED?
Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymised data.
When you visit, register or order products or services on http://www.JuliaMcCutchen.com you may be asked to, or of your own volition, provide information from which you can be identified, including your name, email address, home or business address etc as well as text you may upload and other technical data such as the IP address of the machine you use (Personal Data). The Business will not collect such information from users while they use the web site unless they voluntarily provide it to us and authorise us to collect such information. Users may provide other information about themselves from which they can be identified.
The Business may process the following categories of personal data about you:
- Communication Data that includes any communication that you send to us whether that be through the contact form on our website, through email, text, social media messaging, social media posting or any other communication that you send us. We process this data for the purposes of communicating with you, for record keeping and for the establishment, pursuance or defence of legal claims. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to reply to communications sent to us, to keep records and to establish, pursue or defend legal claims.
- Customer Data that includes data relating to any purchases of goods and/or services such as your name, title, billing address, delivery address email address, phone number, contact details, purchase details and your card details. We process this data to supply the goods and/or services you have purchased and to keep records of such transactions. Our lawful ground for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps at your request to enter into such a contract.
- Technical Data that includes data about your use of our website and online services such as your IP address, your login data, details about your browser, length of visit to pages on our website, page views and navigation paths, details about the number of times you use our website, time zone settings and other technology on the devices you use to access our website. The source of this data is from our analytics tracking system. We process this data to analyse your use of our website and other online services, to administer and protect our business and website, to deliver relevant website content to you and to understand the effectiveness of our marketing. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business and to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
- We may use Communications Data, Customer Data and Technical Data to deliver relevant website content to you and to measure or understand the effectiveness of the marketing we serve you. Our lawful ground for this processing is legitimate interests which is to grow our business. We may also use such data to send other marketing communications to you. Our lawful ground for this processing is either consent or legitimate interests (namely to grow our business).
In summary, the Business may use or disclose all such information in order to:
- fulfil a sale of a product or service including sharing such information with its partners and suppliers
- carry out the service as requested by you
- support marketing activities
- respond to other inquiries or requests by you
- obtain analysed information
HOW DOES THE BUSINESS COLLECT PERSONAL DATA?
We may also receive data from third parties such as analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU.
Our lawful ground of processing your personal data to send you marketing communications is either your consent or our legitimate interests (namely to grow our business).
Under the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations, we may send you marketing communications from us if (i) you made a purchase or asked for information from us about our goods or services or (ii) you agreed to receive marketing communications and in each case you have not opted out of receiving such communications since. Under these regulations, if you are a limited company, we may send you marketing emails without your consent. However you can still opt out of receiving marketing emails from us at any time.
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by clicking the Cancel opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by emailing us at Julia@JuliaMcCutchen.com at any time.
If you opt out of receiving marketing communications this opt-out does not apply to personal data provided as a result of other transactions, such as purchases.
DOES THE BUSINESS HAVE A NEWSLETTER?
The Business regularly sends out a Newsletter via email (hereinafter “Newsletter”) to all Users (unless they have “opted-out”). In these Newsletters, we may inform you about new features from the Business including upcoming events, products, services or special promotions.
You may choose to unsubscribe from the Newsletter at any time by clicking the Cancel opt-out links at the end of all marketing messages sent to you or by sending an email to Customer Service at Julia@JuliaMcCutchen.com.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
The personal data you provide to us may be accessed by or given to third parties who act for us for the purposes set out in this policy or for other purposes approved by you. Those parties process information, fulfil and deliver orders, process credit card payments and provide support services on our behalf.
The Business may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below:
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services.
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers
- Government bodies that require us to report processing activities.
We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Unless required to do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we do our best to ensure a similar degree of security of data by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is in place:
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that the European Commission have approved as providing an adequate level of protection for personal data by; or
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts or codes of conduct or certification mechanisms approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe; or
- If we use US-based providers that are part of EU-US Privacy Shield, we may transfer data to them, as they have equivalent safeguards in place.
WHAT ABOUT DATA SECURITY?
We employ security measures to protect, so far as reasonably possible, your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage.
The Business limits access to personal data about users to employees and partners who have a business need to know such data. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they must keep it confidential.
The Business requires that our employees and partners ensure the security of the data that users provide to them, however, in the event of a breach of their security measures, you agree that the Business will not be liable for any losses or damages.
The Business will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for such as fulfilling the sale of the product or performing the service, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
When deciding what the correct time is to keep the data for we look at its amount, nature and sensitivity, potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure, the processing purposes, if these can be achieved by other means and legal requirements.
For tax purposes the law requires us to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they stop being customers.
We will never sell user information to any 3rd-party not affiliated with the Business, without your specific and unambiguous consent, except in connection with the sale or merger of the Business or the division responsible for such services provided.
User may ‘opt out’ by contacting customer service at Julia@JuliaMcCutchen.com.
IS MY PERSONAL DATA PRIVATE WITH BUSINESS MERCHANTS?
The only Voluntary Information that may be shared between Business and one of our partner web sites is that which pertains to information used in the furtherance of tracking an order and providing you with correct information regarding the same.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under data protection laws you have rights in relation to your personal data that include the right to request access, correction, erasure, restriction, transfer, to object to processing, to portability of data and (where the lawful ground of processing is consent) to withdraw consent.
You can see more about these rights at:
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email us at Julia@JuliaMcCutchen.com
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive or refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you.
If you are not happy with any aspect of how we collect and use your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We should be grateful if you would contact us first if you do have a complaint so that we can try to resolve it for you.
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer’s hard drive which record how you move your way around a website. They are used by nearly all websites and do not harm your system.
They are used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. Cookies can also be used to analyse traffic and for marketing purposes.
Cookies are either:
- Session cookies: these are only stored on your computer during your web session and are automatically deleted when you close your browser – they usually store an anonymous session ID allowing you to browse a website without having to log in to each page but they do not collect any personal data from your computer; or
- Persistent cookies: a persistent cookie is stored as a file on your computer and it remains there when you close your web browser. The cookie can be read by the website that created it when you visit that website again. We use persistent cookies for Google Analytics.
Cookies can also be categorised as follows:
- Essential cookies: These cookies are essential to enable you to use the website effectively, such as when buying a product and / or service, and therefore cannot be turned off. Without these cookies, the services available to you on our website cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you have been on the internet.
- Analytics cookies: These cookies enable us to monitor and improve the performance of our website. For example, they allow us to count visits, identify traffic sources and see which parts of the site are most popular.
The following is a summary of the types of cookies that are being used on this site, along with information on how you can block them.
|Cookie Type||Cookie File Names||Purpose||Active on this site||More Information|
|Essential Site Cookies||Various||Site cookies are essential to the operation of this website. They are usually set when you first visit the site and deleted when you close your browser. If blocked, this site will not operate correctly||Yes||n/a|
|CMS (Content Management System)||Various||Cookies are set by our CMS/Blog system when you first visit this site. These cookies are not used by the Business. These cookies are usually deleted when a user closes their browser||Yes||n/a|
|These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. The information is used to compile reports that let us improve the site. The information is collected in any anonymous form, including the number of visits to this site, how you arrived at the site, and which pages you visted.||Yes||You can opt-out of these cookies by following this link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout|
|Site Cookie Acceptance||cookietab-last-shown-time
If you want to check or change what types of cookies you accept, this can usually be altered within your browser settings. You can block cookies at any time by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
CAN I OPT-OUT?
The Business gives users the option to opt-out of certain communications from the Business, such as our Newsletter.
If you want to unsubscribe or opt-out of communications from us, click the Cancel opt-out link at the end of all communications or send an email to Customer Service at Julia@JuliaMcCutchen.com.
The Business is not responsible for removing personally identifiable information from the lists of any 3rd-party partner or advertiser who has previously been provided your information in accordance with this Policy.
WHERE IS THE WEBSITE LOCATED?
The Business web site is maintained in the United Kingdom. If you are located outside of the U.K., by using the web site, you authorise the import of your information and its use, as specified in this Policy.
The Business reserves the right to amend this Policy at any time, in the event that this becomes necessary after initial release, or in the event that it becomes necessary with respect to additional, deleted, modified or amended services provided by Business.
The Business will not personally notify you of any amendments to this Policy. Users are urged to check this Policy frequently in order to determine whether any changes have been made. Users understand and agree that continued use of the Business web site assumes that they have read and accepted this Policy, as it may be amended from time to time.
WHERE CAN I ACCESS THE POLICY?
The Business never uses or installs spy ware on user computers, nor do we use spy ware to retrieve information from user computers.
The section titles used in this Policy are purely for convenience and carry with them no legal or contractual effect.
All comments, queries and requests relating to our use of your information are welcomed and should be addressed to Julia@JuliaMcCutchen.com.