Most writers wonder at times what the heck is going on inside their heads when they want to write, but can’t. Why do we make progress with our writing for while, then – for no reason we can discern – sabotage our own best efforts?
When we understand what’s happening inside our brain, we can learn to overcome resistance in the moment and rewire our brain in the long term to develop productive, sustainable writing habits.
In this session you will:
- Learn about your brain in easy-to-understand, layperson’s terms
- Understand why a limbic system takeover trumps your writing commitment and creativity
- Discover what you can do to reverse those limbic system takeovers and put your creative cortex back in the driver’s seat
- Recognize why habits are far more valuable and reliable than discipline or will power
- Identify the three habits that support the writing life
- Decide which habits you’re ready to adopt and design your commitment plan to build those habits
- Gain appreciation for your own efforts so far, and be reassured that you can be the writer you want to be and the world needs you to be.
Rosanne Bane, M.A. is a creativity coach, teaching artist, speaker and author of Around the Writer’s Block: Using Brain Science to Solve Writer’s Resistance and Dancing in the Dragon’s Den: Rekindling the Creative Fire in Your Shadow. A veteran teaching artist of more than 20 years, Rosanne specializes in helping creative people understand why it’s so hard (at times) to do the very thing they love to do. She has helped thousands of writers, artists and creative people of all sorts achieve their professional goals and make their creative dreams reality. See www.RosanneBane.com and www.BaneOfYourResistance.com
Date: Thursday 9th May Time: 16:00 BST / 11:00 EST
Want to listen to this teleseminar interview for free but not yet an IACCW member?
Find out about how to do so and discover the other benefits of becoming a FREE or FULL member of the International Association of Conscious & Creative Writers (IACCW) by clicking here