Experienced literary agent and screenwriting professional Julian Friedmann knows this world from the inside out. He offers here his experienced perspective on how to become a successful screenwriter. By the end of this interview you will:
- Know how making a living from screenwriting really works.
- Realise why most of your writing should be in prose.
- Learn how to write treatments that will result in better scripts.
- Understand why a scriptwriter is also about getting out and networking.
- Know how to create a submission strategy and pitch your work to get it read.
Julian Friedmann is co-owner of the Blake Friedmann Literary Agency (www.blakefriedmann.co.uk) and publisher of ScriptWriter magazine, now an online resource for writers at www.twelvePoint.com. He has taught at universities and film schools all over the world, is the author of How to Make Money Scriptwriting and editor of two volumes on Writing Long-Running Television series. He designed the MA in Television Scriptwriting at De Montfort University and PILOTS, for developing long-running television series for the EU MEDIA Programme. He is Senior Advisor to the London Screenwriting Festival (www.londonscreenwritersfestival.com).
Date: Thursday 11th November Time: 16:00 GMT / 11:00 EST
Want to listen to this teleseminar interview for free but not yet an IACCW member?
Find out about how to do so and discover the other benefits of becoming a member of the International Association of Conscious & Creative Writers (IACCW) by clicking here …