The Writer’s Journey: From Inspiration to Publication
Recommended Reading on the Creative Writing Course University of Arts, London.
Presenting the inside information on what publishers and agents are looking for, this practical book demystifies the world of publishing and outlines the steps you need to take to make sure your book stands out for all the right reasons including how to:
- get started, build up your writing practice and develop the qualities required to become a successful published author
- increase your market awareness, identify your target reader and be creative with your ideas for sales, marketing and publicity
- gain a sense of what agents and key members of the publishing team do and be aware of how final decisions are made
- write a first-class publishing proposal and learn how best to approach people
- understand the essential components of the contract, the process to publication … and beyond ...
The Writer’s Journey: From Inspiration to Publication is the essential guide for non-fiction writers seeking publication. After all, as Louis Pasteur once said, ‘Fortune smiles on the man who is prepared'.
Hilary Carter, author of The 11:11 Code
21 Line diagrams
£12.99 ($19 / EUR 14*)
How to Get the Most Out of this Book
PART ONE From Inspiration …
Chapter 1 Getting Started
Chapter 2 Defining the Essence of Your Message
Chapter 3 Market Awareness
PART TWO … to Publication
Chapter 4 Introducing the World of Publishing
Chapter 5 Do You Need a Literary Agent?
Chapter 6 How to Write a Good Proposal
Chapter 7 The All-Important Approach
Chapter 8 From Contract to Bound Copies … And Beyond
PART THREE Appendix
Writing a Book Proposal – Guidelines for Authors
To read the Introduction click here …
Lynn Rich, budding author!
Top Ten Tips 4 Your Writing Success
So what makes my approach different?
1. First of all, my background as a publisher with a publishing track record that includes UK # 1 and international bestsellers means that I really do know the 'inside story' and have firsthand experience of publishing books successfully for markets around the world.
2. Secondly, I have travelled the path from publisher to author, consultant, coach, and mentor, and this enables me to offer the combined perspectives of all these roles for your benefit.
3. Thirdly, I have worked with literally hundreds of authors, many of whom were writing a book for the first time, so my expertise is grounded in practical reality - in short, I know what works!
4. And finally, I coach, mentor and support people on the whole journey from inspiration to publication ... and beyond.
So I don't just focus on helping you to develop your writing skills or engage in marketing or explore self-publishing options.
I offer a total process which includes all aspects of becoming a published author and taking your message successfully out to the marketplace.